Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Top 4 Best Uses for Bell Peppers

Bell peppers - green, red, yellow, orange - are versatile and most likely very good for you. One of my favorite workday lunches is an amalgamation of bread, some kind of spread, and a veggie and/or protein on top. Today, it was ciabatta bread, topped with homemade pesto (frozen from last summer) and roasted red, yellow and orange bell peppers. Roasted bell peppers are one of the most rewarding fixings, from a cost/benefit analysis. No exaggeration: wash pepper; cut pepper down each side and on the bottom, into about five pieces; place on cookie sheet; cover with olive oil and salt; place in the middle of the oven under a 500 degree broiler. Take them out, peel the skin off where it's charred and easily removable, and you have a pretty phenomenal, not to mention colorful, snack.

My lunch was rewarding. Too bad I had to eat it at my desk.

This got me thinking about my Top 4 favorite things to do with bell peppers:
1. Crudite, with a spicy dip
2. Roasted (woop woop!)
3. Stuffed with rice and/or meat
4. Pepper, onion and avocado salad

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete