Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getcha Enchiladas

Last Friday, on our way to Carbondale, Steve and I stopped in Minturn, CO (outside of Vail) to eat at Chili Willy's. It was a decent experience. We were both very hungry, and Steve used to eat there when he was on ski trips with his Dad. Plus, after hiking a 14'er one weekend last summer (Mt. of the Holy Cross), Steve had tempted Schivonne, Kris and I with the idea of Chili Willy's on our way home, and it was an absolute letdown when we pulled up for our Tex-Mex meal, only to have to restaurant be closed. So Steve and I redeemed ourselves, and finally ate there. It was pretty good, and that's that.

In any event, it reminded me of my favorite Mexican restaurant (although Chili Willy's is Tex-Mex) in Denver, D'Corazon. The chile rellenos and enchiladas are perfectly seasoned, not too greasy, and an overall delight. I'd highly recommend it, and please, seriously consider the combo. It's in downtown Denver, LoDo area:

EAT AT D'CORAZON!

No comments:

Post a Comment