Monday, February 2, 2009

Slaying Since 1996


I am listening to my Modest Mouse Pandora station this morning. So far, I've heard Pink Floyd, Weezer, MM, The White Stripes, Bloc Party, The Shins and Radiohead. I've enjoyed every song except for the Weezer song. Those don't always thrill me, for some reason I think they try too hard and aren't genuinely peculiar. Remember when you'd put your iPod on shuffle, and somehow, that little white box would know exactly what you wanted to hear, and play it? I love that! Pandora also does that. I guess it's just all programming, but it rocks.

A Modest Mouse song from an album called "Slaying Since 1996" came up. Although I own many MM records, I'd never heard of this one. It's a compilation of Suicide Squeeze label's tunes from the last 10 years. Constantines, The Black Heart Procession, Les Savy Fav, The Aislers Set, Minus The Bear, Iron & Wine with Six Parts Seven, Modest Mouse with 764-Hero. I'll probably end up buying the album, basically a mish mash of indie music from some artists I know, some I will soon, if anything for the cover art - this dragon knows how to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment