Thursday, January 15, 2009

Exercise

I didn't really make a new year's resolution, nor do I intend to treat this as one, but I've really been trying to exercise more during the day. I never have trouble exercising on the weekends, since Steve and I spend our free time doing something outside that incidentally includes exercise. But on weekdays, especially in the winter, it's usually difficult to get exercise in, which makes me upset that I don't make more of an effort. By the time 5 p.m. comes, it's dark out, cold, windy and/or snowy, and time to hang out, do homework and/or make dinner. I can't seem to get myself out of my stupid chair during the day to go running or biking at lunch. Scott said that he focused on 8-10 mile bike rides during the day, which got me on to this idea, but I haven't been on my road bike since the Fall. I don't know why. I also don't know why I don't take a lunch break. Some weird psychological issue associated with needing to be by the phone or something. Especially since I'm alone all day. It's not the actual resistance to exercise, because I have a hard time going to the grocery store during the day, too. It's just a challenge to get out of the door! I'm working on it.

Anyway, so who cares what I'm doing wrong, but I'm trying to do something right. I don't care about my weight, I mostly want to stay strong, be able to destress, and do something healthy on days when I would otherwise just stay at home. So, I want to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise on workdays. Liza and I go to the gym sometimes, which helps, but sidewalk running at night is also an option. As is just doing it during the day, but it's more fun with Steve. We went for 35 minute runs on Monday and on Wednesday. I just loved it. Just need to watch for the ice.

I also got free running pants and shoes from Salomon, so I better use them. I would never have paid $120 for them. Someone was thinking!
Salomon XT Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment