Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jan. 21: Squirrel Appreciation Day




















I didn't want to blog again for a while, but I just found out that it's SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY! Every January 21st! Put on your party hats! I'm happy about this. I really appreciate squirrels. We have a couple squirrels who've taken mi casa, su casa a little too far. The Sheriff hangs out on the front yard, and Steve has a few friends in the backyard. My sister also looooves squirrels. She made 100 bumper stickers that say "Squirrels are my friends," and just ordered more. She reguarly lobbies to have them disassociated from the "rodent" family of animals. So take a minute, and think about that furry friend who likes to eat out of your compost bucket. These pictures might help:


2 comments:

  1. i love squirrels
    oh yes i do
    i'm not ashamed
    to proclaim this truth
    they're furry
    they're fun
    they're small and they're mute
    oh how i wish
    i could be just as cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I hate squirrels. they dig up my yard, bury nuts in our potted plants (destroying root systems in the process).
    One of my fondest memories is of my childhood dog, a beagle. It loved to hunt squirrels, but it always had the unfair disadvantage of being tied up to a tree. but one day, the lucky dog caught one! yeah, she shook it around and would squeeze it in her jaws like a squeaky toy. Good girl!

    ReplyDelete