Tuesday, January 27, 2009

If I am Going to Get Ice Cream Headache, I at Least Want to Eat Ice Cream

I've been trying very hard to be consistent in my workouts/training, so last night, Steve and I layered up, covered our ears and extremities, and went for a run. We didn't get out the door until almost 7 p.m., because we literally could not put down our iPhones. I had just talked to Chaat about new applications, and was busy downloading them. Steve was busy taking pictures of himself with a furled brow.

It could not have been more than 5 degrees out. It had snowed lightly all day, but there was no ice as the temps did not rise high enough to melt the snow. Our minimum run time is always 30 minutes, which usually ends up conveniently being our maximum on nights and in cold weather. We braved the cold to run up the street, down the high school and back to our house - 30 minutes of fast running, an ice cream headache and frozen chin for me, and frozen beard and eyelashes for Steve. It was worth it, and made our ancho-roasted chicken that patiently roasted at home while we ran, all the more worth it. Consistency is key - exercise and food!

Another chilly day today, -2 as I write. The chickens are hopefully warm enough, their light is on and it seems to be warm enough in their house to keep the water somewhat thawed. I fed them cornmeal muffins, apples, chives and spinach this morning, as a thank you to them for continuing to pop out eggs in sub-zero temps. Woop woop chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment