Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally Putting That Fish Tattoo to Good Use

When I lived in California, I used to swim 2-3 times a week. This was in preparation for the imaginary triathlon in my head, which I for the most part never got around to doing. The best possible gym I could find in Fremont was the 24-Hour Fitness (what does this tell you about Fremont - awesome Afghani food, borderline terrible quality of life). Swimming was a quasi-contact sport at the Fremont, CA 24HF, as I would generally refuse to share my lane with more than 2 people (what?! 3 people is A LOT for a shoddy 10 yard pool), and then get yelled at by a random 60 year old Middle Eastern man treading water in the shallow end for being "stupid" and a woman that rhymes with "itch." Basically I would get screamed at by some asshole trying to dictate pool operations. I didn't really like that part. I still got in a good workout, but dropped swimming as soon as I moved back to Boulder. Isn't it usually the other way around? Anyway! I started up again! Liza and I celebrated MLK Jr. Day with a littel dorsal fin action - it felt so good and I could literally feel my muscles stretch out. The South Boulder Rec Center has a 25 yard indoor pool. I'm very happy to add this workout to my imaginary triathlon training regimen. I'm hoping to get over there at least twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment